Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 3 (37): Wedding day in Maryland!


Weddings are always fun. The boys went to play golf in the morning, leaving me and Cassie (Dustin’s wife) to hang out for just a bit. And then the chaos set in. Cassie & I were in charge of taking some fresh flowers to the reception hall, picking up lunch for the boys, and finishing some arrangements for the wedding. Easy enough…right? Never. We realized, before we took off, that the boys’ shirts were all packaged and would probably need to be ironed. We were sharing a hotel that night so after checking in and stealing the iron we went to the reception hall to finish the arrangements. While there we started to iron.

I’ll keep this short: The iron spit up dirty water, staining one shirt in the breast area. Now, my mom is a bridal planner/consultant  i.e. bridal extraordinaire. I called her, and after several attempts at a variety of solutions (including bleach, which turned the shirt bright pink but rinsed out; and rust-out) it just didn’t come out. I don’t know what was with that stain but it sent me on a crazy spree for about two hours. It wasn’t either of our husbands’ shirts. The boys were back at the house before we made it there, and the groomsman whose shirt it was ended up having to put on Tony’s shirt to let his dry on the way to the site. We were all late in getting there for pictures, and I ended up getting ready at the site.  All in all the suit hid it and a later check revealed you couldn’t really see it at all.

The hairdresser also did a number on the maid-of-honors hair which I ended up fixing…thanks to all my pageant training. But I’ve had so much training with my mom at weddings that, with the help of Cassie we were able to address all this little hiccups without incident and send the bride down the aisle to a very emotional groom.

The wedding was beautiful; they were married overlooking the bay. 


We had a great time at the reception:





It was a long day but was so wonderful. We met a lot of new people and had such fun, so I’ll end it this way:

Congratulations Tony & Anna! May your lives be filled with much love and happiness!

The miles across America to this location have been uncounted and completely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment