Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 12 (part B) (46): Oklahoma City, OK


We’ve regrouped, repacked, and refreshed at home and are on our merry way again. After stopping in to say goodbye (well really hello & goodbye) we hit the road, still in the car. We hadn’t even gotten on the interstate when we saw our first interesting part in Marion, the Google StreetView Car:

Our trip consisted of driving. And driving. And driving. We had McD’s for lunch and had good weather the whole way. At one point Devin let me drive, which is a big deal because his car is a manual. He’s taught me before and I’ve driven his car before, but his car is touchy and something I’m not 100% confident in doing. I did good, and only killed it once when we were pulling off the interstate in Tulsa to eat. In my defense, oncoming traffic had a stop which I didn’t expect so I was startled when it was my turn to go. Anyway, we ate at Waffle House on the west side of Tulsa and it was by far the best one either of us had ever eaten at. Devin really wanted to get WH when we were out east but it just never worked out. The server was nice and the cook was awesome. We were sure to praise their reviews to the Waffle House website and to Yelp.

Devin had grabbed a coupon book at one of the gas stations and there was an ad for a cheap room in Oklahoma City. We chose to do that and are glad we did…it was a very nice room and clean. Thankfully setting out on our ‘part B’ of our second leg was uneventful.

Today we traveled 624.6 miles across America for a total of 3,311.5 miles on leg 2 (part b) and a grand total of 13,836.2 miles across America.

No comments:

Post a Comment